This page includes the Curriculum / Syllabus / Prescribed Courses for Masters level Entrance exam for Institute of Engineering (IOE), Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal held by Entrance Exam Board, Chakupat, Lalitpur. The Entrance examination will be “Computer Based Examination” of two hours duration, consisting of two sections. Candidate should pass the entrance exam in both sections separately to be eligible for admission in IOE Constituent Campuses. All questions will be in English and there will be no negative marking for wrong answer. Programmable calculators are not permitted inside exam hall.
Entrance examination of 2 hours duration consisting of two sections:
- Section- A: It common to all streams, consisting of 45 questions of 50 marks.
- Section-B: This section consists of stream specialized course with 50 nos. of questions of 1 mark each. Each question will be of objective type with multiple choice answers.
The depth of subject matter in this section shall be similar to GRE.
- Critical Reasoning [5 × 2]
Critical reasoning sections aim to test the candidate’s comprehension of the interpretative
abilities in English as a language of business and communication. Critical reasoning questions
measure your ability to read with understanding, insight and discrimination. These questions
explore your ability to analyze a written passage from several perspectives, including your ability
to recognize explicitly stated elements as well as underlying statements or arguments and their
implications. This section measures reading comprehension and critical reasoning skills in a
The Critical reasoning section measures your ability to:
- analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it.
- analyze relationships among component parts of sentences.
- Mathematics [40 × 1]
The format of these multiple-choice questions varies. The solution may require simple
Computations, manipulations or multi-step problem-solving.
These sections aim to test the candidate’s understanding of Basic Mathematics (Numbers:
operations; Fractions, Decimals and Percentages; Ratio and Proportion; Roots and Power;
Logarithms; Progressions; Elementary Geometry and Mensuration; Elementary Trigonometry;
Introductory Set Theory) Algebra (Polynomials, Equations and Inequalities; Simultaneous
equations and solutions; Elementary Linear Programming); Calculus (limits and continuity,
differentiation, integration, ordinary linear differential equation, partial differential equation),
Probability and Statistics (Counting, Permutations and Combinations).
This section has different question for different streams. The depth of subject matter in each subject shall be that of B.E./B.Arch./Relevant courses offered by T.U.
To access the Syllabus/ Course/ Curriculum of this section, go to links according to stream of specialization.
- Electronics and Computer Engineering (EC)
- Planning and Architecture
- Civil & Agricultural Engineering (CA)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering (MI)
- Applied Science (AS)
- Disaster and Planning (DP)