Curriculum / Syllabus / Prescribed Courses for Masters level Entrance exam for Institute of Engineering (IOE) Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal. Entrance Examination for Planning Architecture will be of a single paper of 3 hours duration consisting of two sections:
- Section- A: It common to all streams, consisting of 45 questions of 50 marks.
- Section-B: This section consists of stream specialized course with 50 nos. of questions of 1 mark each. Each question will be of objective type with multiple choice answers. 10% negative marking for each wrong answer.
The Section-A syllabus which common for all streams for Masters level Entrance Exam in Institute of Engineering (IOE) Pulchowk Campus can be accessed from IOE M.Sc Entrance Syllabus.
Planning and Architecture [50 × 1]
- Planning 
- Urbanization in Nepal
- Historical Development and present state
- Problems of Urbanization in towns of Nepal
- Urban Services: Transportation, Water Supply, Sewerage, electricity
- Urban environment
- Municipalities and their programmes to tide over the problems
- Public/community participation in planning
- Architecture: 
- History of Architecture -Western, Eastern, Nepalese & contemporary
- Architectural Conservation
- Building environment – sustainable architecture, climatology etc.