Curriculum / Syllabus / Prescribed Courses for Masters level Entrance exam for Institute of Engineering (IOE) Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal. Entrance Examination for Electronics and Computer Engineering (EC) will be of a single paper of 2 hours duration consisting of two sections:
- Section- A: It common to all streams, consisting of 45 questions of 50 marks.
- Section-B: This section consists of stream specialized course with 50 nos. of questions of 1 mark each. Each question will be of objective type with multiple choice answers.
The Section-A syllabus which common for all streams for Masters level Entrance Exam in Institute of Engineering (IOE) Pulchowk Campus can be accessed from IOE M.Sc Entrance Syllabus page.
Electronics and Computer Engineering (EC) [50 × 1]
- A. Electrical Circuit and System 
- Ohms law, Kirchoff’s laws
- Thevenin’s, Norton’s and maximum power transform theorem
- Active, reactive and apparent power (single & three-phase) and resonance
- Transient and steady state analysis, pole zero plots, two-port parameters.
- Electronics Circuit and System 
- Integrated circuit technology and device models
- Operational Amplifier circuits
- Operational Amplifier characterization
- Power supplies and voltage regulators
- Untuned and tuned amplifiers
- Oscillator circuits
- Digital-to-Analog (DAC) and Analog-to-Digital (ADC) conversion
- Instrumentation and isolation amplifiers
- Operational amplifier-bipolar transistor logarithmic amplifiers
- Log-antilog circuit application
- Communication circuits
- Switched power supplies
- Introduction to power electronics.
- Computer Architecture 
- Fundamentals of Computer Architecture & Organization
- Number System
- Boolean Algebra
- Logic Gates
- Combination and Sequential Logic
- A/D and D/A Conversion
- Instruction Set
- Operating System and Application Program Concepts
- Computer Applications
4. Communication System
- Analog and Digital Communication Theory and System
- Object Oriented Programming Languages 
- Object oriented programming concepts
- Introduction to C++
- Operator Overloading
- Templates and file handling
- Discrete Structure 
- Propositional logic and predicate logic
- Methods of proof and formal reasoning
- Binary relations
- Finite state automata
- Recurrence Relation
- Graph theory and graph algorithms
WHEN WILL IOE MASTER’S ENTRANCE OCCURS?